Today is the beginning of the true test, the first weekend. Fridays I stay home with my son so it's easy to get out of my normal eating habits. So far this morning I've had half a banana, whole wheat English muffin with blackberry jelly, and two scrambled eggs with onion, peppers, tomatoes, and 1 tablespoon mozzarella cheese. Last night I shoveled the driveway and did the toning sections of the Last Chance Workout and I'll work out again today during nap. So far so good!
Tomorrow however is another story. My dad and I are going out to lunch with a friend and her dad and then to a Gopher game. My dad is doing this challenge with me and he is already planning on indulging. I feel fairly confident that I can stay in control. One of the points of the 30-day Jump Start is that if you are going to "fall off the wagon" keep it to one meal that day. That in the past hasn't worked for me. I find myself thinking that I've already "wrecked" the day so why bother and just start again tomorrow. Sitting here now I think I can do it, we'll see tomorrow. I know eating at the game won't be a problem.
So at the end of the 30 days whoever wins gets to choose something we all have to do. My mom decided that if she wins we all have to get tattoos. I already have a tattoo that I want to get re-colored but apparently that doesn't count. I don't know how keen my hubbie will be on getting one. I have always wanted another one so I guess this would be as good a reason as any.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment